Coaching the Suspension Trainer Curl
Are you looking for a new exercise to teach your online personal training clients? Look no further. The suspension trainer curl is one of the most accessible and efficient arm/back exercises that your clients can learn.
- To begin this exercise, have your client grasp the handles of a suspension-training band and take a step back to eliminate the slack in the band.
- Next, have your client slowly lower themselves back while keeping their elbows close by their sides, back flat, and chest up. The only movement in this exercise should be at the elbow, as the biceps work to allow the body to lower under control.
- Once your client has reached full extension of the arms, have them curl themselves back up, again using only their biceps while keeping their head straight and back flat.
- To increase the resistance of the exercise, have your client take a step closer to the point of attachment of the suspension trainer to the wall.
- Be sure to remind your client to breathe in on the descent and breathe out on the way back up.